Monday, April 5, 2010

...the dreaded introductory post...


Hmm.

I'm afraid if I write "I started this blog because my therapist thinks it would be a good idea", no one would read any further.

Actually, I don't have a therapist. Some unseen power compelled me to open this blog and it's been sitting here for about 10 days - untouched (ooh...untouched..."Untouched Takeaway"...get it? I kill me)

Anyway - I'm 48 and starting over here in the Lehigh Valley/Slate Belt area. I was laid off from my career of 10 years in January of 2009, which happened to immediately follow the termination of my 15-year relationship. After 11 hellish months of unemployment, I'm once again workin' for the man, and happy to be doing so.

The title of my blog comes from a song by my future husband, Nick Lowe (I'm kidding about the future husband thing...kinda). The lyrics kind of sum up my life for the past year. I'll be forcing the brilliance that is Nick Lowe upon you, hopefully constant reader, at pretty much every opportunity - along with some possibly pithy and hopefully not *too* histrionic text.

Now - what better way to inaugurate this blog than the song from which the blog takes it name - "Lately I've Let Things Slide" by Nick Lowe?




I'm sure there's a fancy-schmancy way to post a link to the clip, and as soon as I figure it out I'll smarten it up.

No comments:

Post a Comment