Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Angels in the outfield?



According to an Express Times article, Portland invited the Guardian Angels to give an information session and possibly organize a chapter in the area:

http://www.lehighvalleylive.com/slate-belt/index.ssf/2011/03/guardian_angels_could_be_comin.html#comments
I am not naive; Portland is not Pixley or Hooterville or Bugtussle. It's proximity (as I mentioned in my last post) to Routes 46/94/80 in NJ and 611/512 in PA makes it easily accessible.

And as much as I hate to be found agreeing with Ron Angle, I think at first blush the idea of bringing the Guardian Angels to Portland is unnecessary. Anyone with links to Portland's crime rate (possibly broken down by category) care to comment?

It just seems like overkill to me, and not for nothin' - I've seen the Guardian Angels in Easton and they do not inspire any sort of comfort or reassurance.

No comments:

Post a Comment