Saturday, July 16, 2011

Tombler's Home Bakery destroyed by fire






I've never had a Tombler's pie, and from what I've read, that's my great loss.

The bakery,located on Industrial Drive in Glendon, is a total loss. It was started in the kitchen of the late Margaret Tombler to raise money to fight the expansion of the Chrin Brothers landfill.

I don't live in Easton, but I visit there almost every weekend. I have no bone to pick with the Chrin Brother (I may be the only person in Northampton County who can say that!), but I like the idea that this business was started to make a difference and then grew into something of an institution.

If you'd like to help the Drake family, please drop a donation off at the Easton Farmers' Market in Centre Square on Saturdays, or any day of the week at 35 S Third Street. Checks can be made payable to the Easton Farmers' Market, with "for the Tombler family" on the memo line.

No comments:

Post a Comment