Sunday, July 17, 2011

Where have you gone, Floyd R Turbo?











Well, from what I can tell, Floyd - or I should say his evil, extracted at birth and severed at the brain twin is alive and well in the Lehigh Valley.

I am from a middle-class background in Florida. I was raised by good people; my parents instilled a lot of positive things in me, I think. I have had a lot of advantages in my life. My former SO made an extremely good living, and although we were not rich by a long shot, we lived a very comfortable life. All that disappeared when my relationship ended in a very nasty and very cruel manner - something I've been trying to recover from emotionally and financially for close to 7 years altogether.

I recognize that there are a lot of dirtbags in the world. I'm not naive, I'm not Pollyanna. But I also believe that you cannot predetermine someone's motives or ambitions (or lack thereof) based solely on their skin color or their ethnicity or from what city they migrated from. I prefer to wait until someone actually *is* an asshat in a visible, clearly distinguished manner before I start flinging mud.

Since I have been blogging and writing online, I've also been commenting on news stories - mostly from the Express Times and the Morning Call here in the Lehigh Valley area. I know from past experience with online forums that forums are a microcosm of the larger "real" world, and that a lot of people use the anonymity of the internet to say things they would never say in real life.

But I get the creepiest feeling that for the most part, people like the ones who commented on this story:
The New House On The Block
are as serious as a heart attack.

And that really, really, scares me.

No comments:

Post a Comment