Saturday, November 24, 2012

...it's beginning to look a lot...




...like Christmas.



Sorta.

I'm alone this holiday season for the first time in several years.  Some machinations by someone who I never thought would be so weaselly has made it so I can't be with a group of friends that I have come to cherish and who are extremely upset by this high school drama.  Whatever.



Thursday night, I put up my sunroom Christmas tree (translation = a Craigslist tree for $5 and some white lights...it looks like hell up close, but it looks so pretty from the drive).  I was feeling kinda blah in general about decorating for Christmas, even though it's something I really adore.  I had put up my indoor tree and had the lights on it and was sitting there contemplating whether I should even get the rest of the stuff out of the garage when my cell phone buzzed with a text message.  One of my neighbors had driven past the house and saw the lights; the text said "Your house looks so magical with all the lights...you make me want to start decorating *my* house"

So I thanked her (profusely...wanna get on my good side?  Tell me you like something about my home...lol)

And I sat there some more and had a glass of wine.  And did some thinking.  And a little crying.  And some more thinking and I decided that what this person had done to me spoke volumes about *them* and their insecurities and cruelty, and very little about me.  I also decided I wasn't going to let this spoil my holiday.

So, here I am, taking a break from the decorating.  I lucked out this year, because due to the big storm, an enormous evergreen tree went down in a neighbor's yard.  He was kind enough to not only let me have whatever cuttings I wanted from it, but he also helped me do the clippings.  My SUV is filled with what would probably retail for about $300 worth of beautiful greenery that smells heavenly.  I've been collecting vintage Shiny Brite ornaments, and I'm going to have a pink tree this year.

This person used to tell me I was much too good for them, and you know what...they are very, very "correct".


No comments:

Post a Comment